Hair Tissue Analysis
A hair tissue mineral analysis can provide pertinent information about one’s metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and carbohydrate tolerance, stage of stress, immune system and glandular activity.
A hair tissue mineral analysis is considered a standard test used around the world for the biological monitoring of trace elements and toxic metals in humans and animals species. The same technology is used for soil testing and testing of rock samples to detect mineral levels.
Your hair can be tested because it is one of many places the body eliminates minerals and heavy metals. The individual mineral levels, ratios of minerals to each other and patterns of minerals deposited in the hair reveal all kinds of things about your body chemistry and health conditions. (1)
Your physical and cognitive abilities can be optimized using hair tissue mineral analysis (HTMA).
Nutrient mineral levels and their comparative relationships (ratios) determine how well your cells function and impact physical and cognitive performance. The goal is to correct body chemistry and improve cell functioning using HTMA as a guide for targeted supplementation.
This is why it’s so much better to balance biochemistry intelligently using hair mineral analysis. Intelligent biochemical balancing using Mineral Power, which utilizes HTMA, is simply about eating a nutrient-rich diet, targeted nutrient supplement therapy, detoxification and learning to avoid things that cause you harm. Benefits include improved cognitive function, more energy, correcting the metabolic rate (weight loss), emotional stability and greater stress resilience.
What Can a Hair Mineral Analysis reveal?
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Mineral Deficiencies and Imbalances
- Metabolic Rate (fast or slow)
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Thyroid Function
- Nervous System Imbalances
- Protein Synthesis
- Energy Levels
- Mental Health Issues
- Liver & Kidney Stress
- Carbohydrate Tolerance & Blood Sugar Imbalances like Diabetes and Insulin resistance
- It can even reveal if someone is a sociopath! (2)
- The most important reason is that it works for nutritional balancing assessment.Exactly why it works, and why other tests such as those with blood, urine, muscle testing or electronic machines do not work, I don’t know. However, we have not been able to duplicate the hair test results using these other methods of testing the body.
- Simple and non-invasive.Sampling is simple and non-invasive.
- A stable biopsy material.Hair is a stable biopsy material that remains viable for years, if needed. It also requires no special handling, and can be mailed easily.
- Easy to measure mineral levels.Mineral levels in the hair are about ten times that of blood, making them easy to detect and measure accurately in the hair.
- Rapidly growing tissue.Hair is a fairly rapidly growing tissue. This enables one to obtain a recent biochemical picture of soft tissue metabolism.
- A non-essential, excretory tissue.The body often throws off toxic substances in the hair, since the hair will be cut off and lost to the body. This is very helpful to identify toxic metals, for example, and other things.
- Wide variation in the readings.Mineral levels are kept relatively constant in the blood, even when pathology is present. This must be done because blood touches all the body tissues, and too much variation is dangerous. This is the reason many people have normal blood tests even when they are quite ill.
Hair minerals do not circulate, and pose no threat to the body. Values often vary by a factor of ten or much more, making measurement easier and providing a tremendous amount of accurate knowledge about the cells and the soft tissue of our bodies.
- Easier detection of toxic metals.Toxic metals are easier to detect in the hair than in the blood. The body quickly removes toxic metals from the blood, if it can. For this reason, most toxic metals are not found in high concentrations in the blood, except right after an acute exposure.
In contrast, many toxic metals accumulate in the soft tissues such as the hair because the body tries to move them to locations where they will do less damage.
- A longer-term reading.Hair testing provides a long-term reading, while blood tests and urine tests provide a more instantaneous reading of the body. Both types of readings have value. For example, blood tests can vary from minute to minute, depending upon one’s diet, activities, the time of day and many other factors. This is beneficial in some instances, but is often less helpful when seeking an overall metabolic reading. At this time, (2015) blood tests do not work for nutritional balancing assessment.
- Cost-effective, accurate and reliable.Advancements in computer-controlled mass spectroscopy and other technologies have rendered the hair mineral biopsy an extremely cost-effective, accurate and reliable test when it is performed well. The US federal government licenses all hair mineral testing labs in this nation, and similar programs assure quality in other nations, as well.
Dr Anthony Beck